Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

The Word Alive - Life Cycles (Record Review)




After getting this record recommended, I thought I'd give it a shot since I couldn't come up with a different one just then.

I'm not quite sure where to start with this, to be completely honest. The whole record is just way too all over the place. The screaming sounds too 'polished' most of the time. Is it a generated voice or is the guy actually singing like that live? Highly doubtable. The keyboard/electro bits seem completely odd and irritating. The guitars are either ridiculous shredding or generic breakdown riffs. There is absolutely no inbetween and nothing to set them apart from the flood of metalcore bands that are around these days.
Sometimes there is so much going on at one point during certian songs that my head actually started to hurt as I tried to filter all the different aspects apart. While there are passages that make me tap my foot along and the clean vocals in the chorus' are mostly good, I just don't think this is for me ... like ... at all. I really tried, listened to the whole record even after not feeling like it anymore after the third song already, but my hopes of it getting better didn't reall get fulfilled.
There seriously are not many positive things I can say about this so I'll stop here and say that it simply isn't for me.

Favorite track (if any...): The Conscience

Overall: 2/10


Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen