Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

Introduction

Bonjour! Bongiorno! And welcome to my blog!

Very catchy, totally not over-used, introduction, I know.

Anyway, here's what you're gonna find on this site. First of all, I work as a venue manager in Germany and, due to that, see a hell lot of shows. Doesn't matter if I had ever heard of the band or not, having to work at it has gotten me to a lot of new music that I never thought I'd ever run across. Through that and the endless connections you start to make during a run through the music business, I also got into completely new directions, burrying my uneducated ears in anything that I could and can get my hands on.

Born from a challenge I participated in during February, inspired to join by a friend, the craving to start a serious music blog has grown so incredibly, up to the point of my procrastinating self actually creating it. The challenge consisted of listening to a new record every day of the month and leaving your opinion on it afterwards. This got me into so, so many bands, old or new. Brand New, All Time Low, Bring Me The Horizon, you name it. I've had prejudices about several of those bands and never even gave them a chance before without having heard more than one track. There's so much more to explore if you just keep an open mind despite previous let downs. Take a look at Manson's new record, for example, The Pale Emperor is amazing! Unlike the previous record, which ... wasn't all that great. 

I'll first start re-publishing my old reviews from Instagram and then continue to write proper ones for new releases or suggestions I get through here/Twitter/Instagram/some other social network mess. There are a few gig reviews I have finished already as well, but will probably have to rephrase a lot of them again to fit in.

I am no professional. I didn't go to a fancy journalism college or work for any kind of magazine, whatsoever. The opinions displayed and expressed here are none but my own. So beware of some foolish mistakes, if I end up making some, considering the quality of a band or certain parts of their creation. So, seeing as I've not been trained for this, you won't find too precise pick-aparts of songs, analyzing certain passages with any musical knowledge, but only my personal interpretation of it all. Which, to me, is only to try and motivate other people with a similar set of mind to give those records/bands a try. I, personally, value reviews like that more than anything simply filled with musical terms the regular listener doesn't even understand, or had ever heard of to begin with.
Follow your own judgement on this. The one above is mine.

Alright then, so if you have any bands you wanna shove into my face, go ahead! I'll try to listen to them all at some point.

Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen