Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

Cancer Bats - Searching For Zero (Record Review)




Gotta admit that I was a little anxious when I first pressed play considering what other people told me about it so far, plus the fact that I basically dig pretty much everything that those guys put out thus far and had expectations due to that. That's why I let it rest for a bit before really adding my two cents to this.

Satellites was a considerably easy introduction seeing as it had been out for quite a while before the record release. While I can find something in every song that makes me go: "Hell yeah!" (Bass intro for Cursed With A Conscience, Sabbath drenched Beelzebub and Dusted, 2nd verse in Devil's Blood etc.) There's still something missing in it all.
Obviously it's still the Bats. Scott's guitar skills (which are specifically outstanding on this record!), Liam's rough vocals, their heavy grooves ... everything is there. Yet, it doesn't kick my butt with as much of a power as e.g. DSOL did. But hey, taste differs, bands develop and maybe it'll need a few more spins for me to get into or it'll remain this way. However, I'm still beyond excited to see those guys at my work place with While She Sleeps, especially since I'm pretty sure that All Hail is gonna be quite the rager for the pit people.

Favorite song(s): Buds, No More Bullshit

Overall: 6,5/10

Co-headlining tour with While She Sleeps through Europe is on now! Check their websites for a date near you: www.cancerbats.com 

Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen