Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

Neck Deep - Wishful Thinking (Record Review)



I've had a few of their songs saved on Spotify for some time already but sensed I should check out the complete record soon, too. Since my Twitter and Instagram feed were filled with talk about those folks the past days, I figured to give them a proper listen now before I forgot about it again.

So! My notes didn't really differ much from song to song this time, I'll just round it up generally.
The whole record is a mixture of tearing down walls with a sledgehammer while yelling those lyrics, wanting to dance my bum off in my underwear and in the end, lie on the floor with a lighter raised in the air to the last notes of the album. What else to expect from a Pop Punk record?

Despite all that, there's a little spark missing for me seeing as I can't really pinpoint a standout track from the whole thing.

Favorite song: Losing Teeth

With an extra .5 for some special lyrics and the appreciation for what they're currently doing/creating in the (UK) pop punk scene, I'd give it an overall: 7,5/10


Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen