Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

The Amity Affliction - Chasing Ghosts (Record Review)




The first two songs seem a little too similar to me already. While they are well constructed, they don't differ much from each other. To have this as a first setting for the record, isn't exactly a great start.
 RIP Bon has me finally moving along a little and definitely makes it into the upper section of my faves. Open Letter is to my liking once more, especially the drums and general structure/development of the song. Chorus and lyrics are another plus, yet the shouting seems to turn more and more monotone from song to song. I Heart H.,C. deserves a special mentioning again due to it finally being exceptionally diverse to any previous track. But the second Flowerbomb starts, we're back at square one.

This whole record is really hard to tell apart in general. While every song has a part here or there that stands out, it's all too monotone and creatively not as great as it could be. At least to me. I really dig those guys live and how they get the crowd going and communicate with their audience and I think that's how it'll remain. Great live band. Far from being as impressive on record.

Favorite Track: I Heart H.C.

Overall: 6/10


Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen