Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

The Ghost Inside - Dear Youth (Record Review)



This is my first choice since lots of people I know raved so much about it.
While I've seen them live before, I simply refused to give them a chance for some reason, but whatever, here we go.

I totally dig all these huge intros they have for each (except Phoenix Flame), I hear so many these days that cannot be told apart and I love being able to instantly get caught in a song solely by the first few notes. One thing which really bothered me, especially with the first few, were the backing vocals. Unnecessary and irritating, if you ask me. They only fit into the setting of With The Wolves. While some of the instrumental parts seemed similar and boring, some others really stood out massively, e.g. chorus of Move Me, Mercy's and The Ohter Half's intro, the riffs in Dear Youth towards the end.
Blank Pages closes up the record pretty nicely as well, setting a proper closing scenery.

Favorite song: My Endnote (so, so massive)

Overall: 6/10


Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen