Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

Of Mice & Men - Restoring Force (Record Review)




When they first surfaced, I checked them out but wasn't that interested in them so their path so far has somewhat slipped past me. Seeing though as they are all over the place these days, I've been thinking about giving them another chance for quite some time and now managed to listen to this.

I'm still not too sure about Austin's voice in some places, but overall, it fits the music. While the album has a few (huge) moments, it still lacks that special something for me to set them apart from the other artists in this genre. The songs mostly start off great, but then don't improve from there (apart from Another You, which gets better towards the end), which is a bit disappointing. Especially since I peeked a little into The Flood as well and found some proper gems.

Nevertheless, I still enjoyed listening to the record as a whole and was surprised when noticing that I heard some of those songs before. I can certainly say though that those songs work a whole lot better live than they do on record. There's still a lot of room for improvement though from this point on, so let's see how they continue from here on. 

Favorite song: Public Service Announcement

Overall: 6/10


Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen