Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

Issues - Self-titled (Record Review)



So ... this bunch I first heard on The Pulse ( https://www.teamrock.com/radio/show/the-pulse ) with Mad At Myself and instantly loved the song. But never really checked out more than that. Till now!

While Sad Ghost surprised me positively with its odd intro, The Langdon House was a little too ... odd ... in ... not a good way. To put it nicely.
Anyway ... Late definitely pulled it together again, quickly over-shadowing the previous track. Old Dane really caught me off guard, not fitting into the setting at all. Stingray Affliction is more like my kinda thing again and persuades me back into the record with more interest. In some tracks, it's definitely a bit too synthesizer-heavy and the clean vocals are not always as striking as they could come out. While I hear a lot of Ateyu influences in the whole thing, Issues are missing their power on this album a few times too often. 

Genereally, I enjoy around half of the tracks and the other half leave me confused and startled by what they were thinking when including a certain sequence. The darker, and more dooming, side certainly has me moving along in a hurricane-like circle (like Personality Cult) but sadly, that's not the case most of the time. I can see their potential but they're just not for me. At least with that record.

Favorite song: Stingray Affliction

Overall: 5/10

Issues are currently on tour supporting All Time Low in the USA on their 'Future Hearts' tour. Check their website for a date near you: http://issuesrock.us/Events

Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen