Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

Kimbra - The Golden Echo (Record Review)




I had heard of her before and also had listened to a song or two, but only really got interested due to Ben from Dillinger post about her and report about her on Party Smasher Inc. (www.partysmasherinc.com)

That first song already has me head over heels due to that immense development of different sounds and voice interpretations within one single track. The diversity in her voice is truly amazing. Whenever she starts singing, you'd know instantly it was her without a second thought. Miracle sets me a few decades back with its unique and 'old school pop' sound. The background instrumental parts are so simple, but they sure as hell embrace you tightly like you're caught in a spider web anyway. For a change, and to my own surprise, the interludes between the songs actually fit really well and don't seem bothering at all. So another plus for that.
Sometimes the songs seem a bit too long to me though. I've said this before, but, man, her vocal diversity is so impressive.

Fave track(s): Goldmine, Madhouse and Nobody But You

Overall: 7/10


Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen