Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

All Time Low - Don't Panic (Record Review)



I was in quite an exhausted and bad mood this evening, but the second the first song started, I couldn't help but sway along to the rhythm and get better. I've abandoned my inner pop punk self for too long again, I recogn.
Was never too interested in ATL ever since I heard of them a couple of years ago but now I finally gave them a listen, I really enjoy it. Their influences clearly peek out and come through in almost every song with adds a bit of a nostalgic touch to the whole thing.

Few songs into the record, I couldn't help but crawl out of bed again and dance around the room in my pj's. While the songs are not ... let's say ... too different and varying from each other, there are still some parts that stand out. Maybe especially cause of that. E.g. the drums in Outlines, the guitar arrangement in The Irony Of (...), and so on.

Was also pleased to find out that they're from Baltimore (GO RAVENS!). What personally surprised me was the fact that I actually genuinely enjoy the vocalist seeing as I'm usually not too much into such clean and ... "innocent" voices, but hey, I guess it fits the genre pretty well. 

Favorite song: The Irony Of Choking On A Lifesaver

Overall: 9/10
Jam that shit when you're speeding across a countrside with your windows down!

Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen