Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me (Record Review)





First of all, how has nobody slapped me yet cause of never having listened to this before? Just how?
Cause this record left me in nothing but absolute awe. 

When Sowing Season started, I did not expect it to explode in such a way. In every song, the guitar, bass and drums are so simple, but yet so haunting. The way the vocals play with the wide range of creativit left due to the instrumental simplicity is just absolutely magnificent. Those notes leave me in a mood of an absolute peace of mind, similar to the effect Crosses' self-titled has on me, or any City & Colour album, despite the difference in genres. They all calm my mind, yet they're all one of a kind.
Some parts gave me continous waves of goosebumps such as Sowing Season when the chorus kicked in, all of Millstone, that power in You Won't Know from 1:35 on, the way one instrument after the other joins in during Handcuffs, when Luca's mood and power took a 180° turn and nearly knocked me out of bed ... I could probably elaborate on that for some more but I think you get the point.

Favorite song: Millstone

After collecting my jaw from the ground again, I can happily say that it's an overall: 10/10

Brand New are about to start a run through the US before heading over to Europe for a few shows. Check their facebook for more info: https://www.facebook.com/BrandNew

Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen