Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

Bad Brains - Self-titled (Record Review)




I've had some of their songs in a playlist for a while already but finally took on the task to give one of their records a full listen.

Firstly, I fricking love the vocal performance in nearly every song (especially Big Take Over). Sometimes it's hard to fully take in their one minute tracks (e.g. The Regulator) but they also somehow manage to make those songs seem a lot longer than they actually are. Don't ask me how or why. Got absolutely no clue. But they nail it.
To say I was a little puzzled when Jah Calling or Leaving Bayblon started would be quite the understatement. To go from hardcore to reggae without any transition or warning was ... weird but for some reason, it actually works with them. Already feared that I wouldn't be into it at all except for the tracks I already knew but I'm pleasantly surprised. Some parts are a little repetitive but I can live with that just fine.

Favorite song(s): Banned In D.C., Big Take Over and Right Brigade

Overall: 8/10


Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen