Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

Stick To Your Guns - Diamond (Record Review)




I can't even count the times I've seen those guys live already. It feels like they stop by our venue every other month as if we're their summer house at the lake. But I had never just once listened to a song, let alone a full album.

Took me a few songs to get into it but I was pleasantly surprised by what I heard. To me, the record definitely grows stronger towards the end. Some songs are a bit too short to me (hardly time to take them in) and I'm a little unsure about the shouting in a few tracks. While short songs are nothing unusual in this genre, they need a certain power and lyrical strength to really last. Sadly, that's not the case with some tracks. Lyrically, I really dig the whole thing in general and there certainly are some parts that make me want to bash my head through a wall.
A+ for the drums on this entire thing.


Favorite song: Empty Heads

Overall: 7/10


Cheerio xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen